Monday, April 23, 2012

Boys of Summer

Click Title for Video

OK - there are no "Books of Summer" songs out there, so this has to suffice.  This is my summer blog about the books I read.  A couple of years ago I read The New York Times Best Seller list.  The focus was fiction.  It was a summer of Water for Elephants and The Friday Night Knitting Club.  There were others, but those are the ones that impacted me most.  This summer I am embarking on a tour of non-fiction.  The tour kicks off with a throw back to the 80s.  "I Want My MTV" is a look at the beginning of music television - back when they actually played videos.  If you are under 30 this might confuse you.  I'm not sure what is next, but if you have non-fiction suggestions let me know.   Throw on some sunscreen, a little Don Henley, and grab a book - it's almost summer vacation kids. 

2 comments:

  1. Books I will suggest that might outside your scope that you might miss otherwise-
    Born Standing Up by Steven Martin
    Moneyball by Michael Lewis
    Imagine by Jonah Leherer
    Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

    And for fiction I'd suggest
    The Fiddlers Gun by AS Peterson

    ReplyDelete
  2. So noted Hersch - btw I love love love Malcolm Gladwell - particularly Outliers. I quote stuff from this book all the time. Have you read Tipping Point? I really would love to sit down and have dinner with him.

    ReplyDelete